core of the Queenscliffe Maritime Museum collection.
Of British Watson Class design, she was built in
Adelaide and commenced service at Queenscliff in 1926. She was taken out of
service in 1976 by the Marine Board of Victoria and subsequently offered to the Borough of Queenscliffe for care and display.
a public meeting held on March 13 1980, a committee was formed to investigate
how the lifeboat could be preserved. This led to the formation of the Queenscliffe Lifeboat Preservation Society
Incorporated which oversaw the early stages of restoration of the vessel and the
establishment of the museum. In 1998 the name was changed to Queenscliffe Maritime
Museum Inc to more accurately reflect the general nature of the exhibits and
The Lifeboat is listed on the Australian Register of Historic Vessels